Sunday 10 May 2009

Money! Money! Money!

Friday evening I grabbed a hammer




and smashed open one of my Terramundi Money Pots




These pots are handcrafted in Italy following a 2000 year old design. Fill them with coins until they are full and then smash the pot and make a wish!


Saturday I helped a friend at a local boot sale, of course taking the opportunity to sneak away and make a few purchases for myself (which I'll show you later in the week).


I hope you all had a great weekend and my American friends a lovely Mother's Day


EDITED: For those of you asking I was able to bag up £125. £100 is being added to some money I was given for my birthday to put towards the bed I will need to buy when I move out of home and £25 was added to my boot sale purse to spend on treasures

10 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

Ohooo how i love those money pots and they come in beautiful designs too :)

Come on then own up how much was in there, though you can keep your secret wish to yourself ;)

X

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

Thank you!! We had a wonderful Mother's Day over here!

How satisfying was it to smash that with a hammer....excellent

The Vintage Kitten said...

What a shame you have to smash it, but what fun giving it a whack with a hammer. I broke 2 of my brand new cups and 2 brand new glasses last week (within 3 days of each other to be exact) I had only had them for a few days so I think Ive smashed enough things for awhile.....hopefully! X

P.S I also fell off the settee and broke a chair!!!!

Unknown said...

It's kind of sad that you have to smash, it but it sounds fun all at the same time, LOL! I wonder what you got...it says "Handbag fund" what'd ya get? What'd ya get? I gotta know! :)

The Curious Cat said...

Ooo how much had you saved? My friend said she once saved £700 in one of those - can you imagine?!

Anonymous said...

Cant wait to see your purchases. xxx

Blueberry Heart said...

such a shame they have to be smashed to get to the dosh though!
BH x

Sherri said...

I had never heard of those money pots! What a wonderful idea!

Suzie Button said...

What a great saver you are, Victoria! Wow! I hope you found some treasures with your loot! Suzie

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

I had one like tis when I was little and it was a pity to break it. :)
lovely blog, congratulations!